Sunday, September 25, 2005

Busy, in a good way

Sorry so long between posts.

Deb and I gave up trying to find a house we liked in Bend (more than our own) for anything CLOSE to what we could afford.

Instead, we did what I bet a lot of folks are doing - a refinance, to get the equity out (after just three years - such a boomtown, why not take advantage?) and put it into both paying off bills and upgrading the house - new, more energy-effieicent appliance, a new computer for Yours Truly, etc.

We're also in need of (finally) putting in a backyard fence, and are eyeing some remodeling in both the kitchen and the master bath. All that'll boost this place's resale value - that is, if we can ever find another place we can afford that we like;-)

1 comment:

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

Hi Barney, thanks for stopping by my blog... When I saw you were a reporter I was going to ask how you manage to live in Bend (it's crazy! isn't it crazy? I can't stop exclaiming about it) but here I have my answer -- you must've moved here more than 3 years ago.