Friday, April 21, 2006

Serendipity calls: New Paul Simon, Chicago AND Toto?!?

Well, as I pour my heart and soul into my work, for TV and online, once in a while a burst of joy in other areas, the best kind - unexpected.

For example, I had no idea that Toto was still at it, and has a brand new album out, called "Falling in Between." Their "Seventh One" album from '88, I had on CASETTE (remember those?) and almost wore out, that band of "studio musicians" has always been a favorite.

And Paul Simon has a new one, too, called "Surprise" - and it will be, no cuts were available at Amazon, which kindly informed me by e-mail of the album's existence.

And noodling around Amazon, found Chicago XXX is out. I grew up with that band, and while not every song is hit material, I'm a loyal, true-blue fan, for the history and all they've meant to so many over the years.

So they're all on the way, and I'll share one thought: These musicians, still at the height of their creativity, tell this newly 50-year-old journalist to keep on rockin' at the news;-)

Nothing makes me smile as much as good music from old friends -- well, except maybe beating everyone else in town to a good story;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BARNEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE AT THIS HOUR? AND WHY ARENT' YOU WATCHING TV?

Anonymous said...

Toto, Paul Simon and Chicago are at the "height of their creativity"?

Wow. Did I time warp back 30 years?

Barney Lerten said...

Well, Mr./Ms. Anony Mous, you don't have to like them, but I happen to believe they are as good as ever. YMMV.